𐀙 𐀚 𐀛 𐀜 𐀝 𐀞 𐀟 𐀠 𐀡 𐀢

Ethical ||||||||||||||||||| Luxury

Ethical ||||||||||||||||||| Luxury

London ∞ Athens

Tailored to a dynamic life with the style to match, Hector & Ajax is looking for intensity when drawing from deep blues, striking yellows and rich, fiery reds. Forever inspired by the vibrant colours, shapes and symbols of our mediterranean seaside and heritage.

We love to fuse forward thinking minimalist aesthetics with the lean lines and fitted form seen over time in classic varsity styling. Cutting our Apparel from next generation luxury fabrics that are truly eco-aware was always a given not a goal. 

A single, stylised Greek letter is embroidered onto each garment. These first seven symbol to bold colour combinations mark the beginning of Hector & Ajax exploring its Greek symbolic heritage.

Inspiration for transformation

Our planet has been in constant flux even before life started revolving around us. Change however has been speeding up exponentially without an end in sight since automation took centre stage. Our global village is being hurdled into a wholly new space at mind altering speeds as we speak.  

We believe that in these times of hypermodernity there is much inspiration and perspective to be re-membered and reconnected with in the time transcending wisdom the preserved by the ancients in symbolism and myth.

We aim to do more than create biodegradable fashion of the highest quality and durability. Connecting some of our cultural heritage and also its sense of warrior spirit with contemporary global topics would give us a lot of pleasure, and drama.

We imagine many interconnected genuinely sustainable clothing companies working together and make slow fashion of high quality rapidly take over the marketspace.

The myth of Hector & Ajax

Ajax, a colossal warrior laced with brute force. Hector, the swift and agile fighter full of elegance. A battle of duality ensued. Undiluted murderous intend was stopped by the gods before blood was drawn, saving many souls. We deeply appreciate the variety embodied by duality, as well as the bliss that hides in its transcendence.

Made in Greece

All Hector & Ajax clothes are made by a decades-old family business based near Thessaloniki. We chose these partners for their commitment to environmental responsibility and an uncompromising dedication to quality.

Taking care of our eco-systems as a given instead of a goal

From how our raw materials are harvested, to the recyclable packaging in which your garments arrive; taking care of the environment underpins everything we do.

Throughout the whole manufacturing process we’re committed to supporting the planet and helping local communities thrive. Our LENZING™ micromodal Lyocell fabrics consists of cellulose from beech trees grown on land that’s not suitable for any other agricultural purpose. More than 99 percent of the wood used comes from sustainable forestry. It is certified or controlled according to FSC® (FSC-C041246) and / or PEFC ™ (PEFC/06-33-92).

Lyocell is arguably the most eco-friendly fabric. Not only is it sourced from organic and renewable sources, but it is processed via a low energy, low water, closed-loop system that recycles over 99.5% of the chemicals/solvents used in production, with the remaining 0.5% discharged as non-hazardous effluent. Furthermore, the fabric is highly durable (it is used in conveyor belts) and thus long lasting. And when your product’s time has come you have nothing to worry about as it is 100% biodegradable. The trees used for lyocell do not require pesticides, fertilizers, or irrigation.

This is a good time to differentiate between lyocell and TENCEL™, for although they are nearly identical in process and feel, TENCEL™ is the more sustainable fabric. TENCEL™ is a branded form of lyocell by the respected Austrian company Lenzing AG, which is an industry leader in sustainability and who ensure that their trees are sourced from sustainably managed non-GMO woodlots. 

To produce it, our fabric requires 20x less water than cotton and 3x less water than other viscose materials.

Hector & Ajax is also a member of 1% for the Planet pledge – a global nonprofit movement of eco-conscious businesses. By directly supporting a diverse range of environmental solutions through annual membership, we’re helping to create a greener planet as our company grows.

We’re at the start of our journey. So we might not be perfect, but we’re committed to constantly doing better.

1% For the Planet
1% For the Planet

Get 10% off

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive offers and content, and get 10% off your first purchase